Vogue 1027- my favorite dress so far

This is the first finished item of my sewing plan. I purchased the pattern after seeing Christy’s lovely version, and was even more inspired to make it when Leith blogged hers. The fabric is from Tessuti called Whitewater Rapids purchased at the last Sydney Sewers Social.

I cut a 16 and took a centimeter off the side seams, I will do the same next time because I needed the extra depth in the bust. I also cut 10cm off the bottom hem, though it’s not as short as it looks in the pic, I think I am leaning backwards.  I also omitted the pockets as I don’t use them.

The dress looks fantastic, both the pattern and the print are very me. I plan to make another, in some black printed ponti also from Tessuti.  Funny thing I’d seen this pattern before and thought of purchasing it, but thinking it was a wrap dress I avoided it for fear of wardrobe malfunctions, so I guess the moral of the story is don’t judge a pattern by its cover!



Ps. I should apologise for the headless shot, these were taken as my husband was on his way out and I had no makeup on and wet hair, I find getting pictures done such a challenge.


11 thoughts on “Vogue 1027- my favorite dress so far

  1. It sure is an awesome pattern. And yeah… photos for the blog are the most frustrating thing for me also. My only saving grace is that I live in an area where my neighbours all have fabulous front fences I can do a photo shoot in front of. Biggest plus – residential streets are quiet in the mornings, so shy-bandicoot-types like me can just get on and do it.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s