Well I wanted to show you a pic of my recently completed and highly adapted Burda 131 A line skirt from Burda Magazine 9/2009.
My first was a dismal failure. Frankly the second is okay, I took it in a lot and in the end did away with the waistband and belt loops all together as I didn’t think they were necessary for the fabric I was using, plus I tend to wear skirts on my hips anyway. I am not sure that the darts at the front are in the right spot for me, but then I am not sure where I would move them to, or get rid of them all together. Needless to say I won’t remake it.
Because the fabric is quite thick and it is a casual skirt I didn’t bother lining it, but I did use handmade bias tape to finish the inner waist seam. This wasn’t suggested in the pattern, I just thought it would be work, and the spots make me smile.
It’s no great creation but I think its looks okay and will be nice to wear around when doing my usual Mum duties.. park, shops etc.
Also we are at the beginning of an exciting week. We are moving out on Saturday. I have packed umpteen boxes but I think this move is going to be pretty easy since we moved half of our stuff out pre sale. It’s also the anniversary of Dan and I’s first meeting on Saturday (12 years now)… which I think is a rather nice coincidence.