I have been madly sewing away… I am not sure that I am thrilled with the results.
I made Butterick 5211
I made a 14 and graded it to a 12 at the waist and hips. Its okay though I think my bust makes it look a little boxy. I probably could have added a couple of centimetres at the tops of the shoulders. I have quite broad shoulders and I think the dress would be more arm flattering if it were a little longer at the shoulders. Dan says that he likes it on me and asked if I am going to wear it to dinner on Saturday night at Bilsons. I won’t be wearing it anywhere dressy, I think this is going to be a hot day dress for at home and trips to the park.
I also made Simplicity 2586
Again its okay. I made a size 14. I think perhaps I could go down a size, around the chest, but then I think it wouldn’t fit well at the shoulders and underarms. I have decided that these loose-fitting dresses just aren’t right for my body type, which is why I suppose I’ve never actually made anything from my Japanese pattern books. Again I am not sure I will be leaving the house in this either.
That said though I am really happy with the construction of these, not that there was anything very complex involved. My facings on B5211 were perfectly neat as was the neck binding on Simplicity 2586.
Yesterday I was also working on my New look 6594, which just needs to be hemmed so I’ll have that to show soon.