Well my Burda 131 denim skirt was coming along nicely, the invisible zip is , well invisible.
and the waistband is looking fantastic
and so it was with much excitement that I tried it on at 10.30pm last night… And it was too big. Because of the construction method in the instructions (and I am generally vague after 8.30pm) I hadn’t checked fit until after I had put in my zipper and sewed the facing down. Doh!
Its only about 1cm on either side out, but to be honest I am not sure if I will bother to unpick the waistband and zipper to take it in. It was op shop denim which I also think was a little too heavy for the skirt, and frankly the most expensive part of the skirt was the $2.50 zip. I have put in invisible zips a few times before and always had lots of trouble… this time I followed a Sunni’s guidelines and also the recommendations in Sew U and it was a breeze, and is really neat.
I have finished a somewhat wearable muslin for Butterick 5211 and am about to start on the finished version. I found that the size 14 is perfect on the top but I had to blend down to a 12 for my waist and hips. Hopefully I’ll have that to show soon.
In other news I found a funny little fabric shop opposite the boys kindy. Basically it is in a garage and is filled will all sorts of SUPER cheap fabric. I purchased all this (in 2-3 metre pieces for) $23 dollars
I also received a package from Quilthome the other day it included
and these fabrics
which will hopefully look as cute as this skirt